Monday, July 19, 2010

Life Restoration

Found out this morning that the reason the wireless doesn't work in my apartment is that the line is turned off. It is to be restored at 5 PM today Minnesota time. Funny thing! I came down to the business center to use the computers there and found an e-mail from Qwest, sent after my phone call. Hey! How do you expect someone really to read e-mail when the line is turned off for the Internet connection!?! Surely not everyone is as lucky as me to have another place to use a computer in the meantime!

Waiting now for the tow truck to take my car to the service center. It's really dead.

Managed to sleep straight through until about 6 AM this morning so little by little I'm getting back on Central US time.

Addendum: Internet restored, but can't read work e-mail. Well, that's a whole different story totally out of my control. The only problem is that one of my students from the University of Pecs wants a reference and I need to read her e-mail to get more information to make the reference letter good.

The tow truck driver was able to start the car, and I drove directly to the service garage. Good thing for when I turned it off there, it wouldn't start again. I came back home with a rental car, so I have wheels, and that feels better. This is after all a car society. In Pecs I could walk or take public transportation for everything I needed to do.

No comments: