Thursday, July 29, 2010

Printing Adventures

I bought a new computer late last fall and could not find the printer driver CD after my earlier move in the fall. So printing has been a bit of hassle. I would have to hook up the old computer which runs very, very slow now. Also I no longer had a good place to put it.

Today I hit the end of my rope with using the business center in my building and went out to Best Buy and bought a new wireless printer. I can't quite make it work around the firewall to be totally wireless, but it works flawlessly with the UBS connection.

The clerk who helped me wondered if I was going to have a print party. Oh, yes, I have a backlog of journal articles to print that relate to a course I'm creating for fall, as well as a few online documents needed to finish up my 2009 tax documents.

It's heaven to have things rocket out of the printer! Now back to changing things around a bit to make the spaces fit right.

No comments: