Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Krakow Life

I took this sentiment  from a larger poster. I liked the sentiment so much. On Sunday morning of the weekend, we gathered for breakfast. Then I walked with another volunteer over to the Krakow train station to scout out the location of our return train. We decided to take streets new to us on a walk to the Rynek.
I thought the blue bridge railings were spectacular and I really liked this street lamp.

At the Rynek we gathered information about the new underground tour, something I'd like to do when I return next to Poland.

Then we walked part of the way on the street that leads to Wawel Castle. It was lined with banners saluting and commemorating Pope John Paul.

Alone I walked back to the Rynek to the Empik store and found a movie DVD that I wanted. The best part of this experience was that it was on sale, too.

I sat in the Empik cafe and had a coffee. I looked over the Rynek. On a cool and rainy Sunday morning it was really empty.

We took an InterCity train back to Warsaw and again had a difficult time in the Wschodnia Station. This time a soda machine vendor rescued us and got us going towards the right peron. We returned to a delightful late supper at Reymontowka.

No comments: