Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Award Adventure

I don't show up in the blog very often! I'm on the right with dark hair. Here I'm receiving an award for Community Engagement from Dr. Sue Hammersmith, President of Metropolitan State University. This is associated primarily with my Health Policy class. In this class students construct a policy brief and then meet with an elected official on an issue. They also interview people in the community and write a short report about what these people know about health reform on both state and federal levels. My glasses are a bit dark because I had been seated in the Great Hall looking into the huge window that faces west right into the late afternoon sun, and the darkening feature was working! Recently got an award too for 10 years of teaching at Metropolitan State.

No comments: