Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sunrise

I had to take my car for some repairs this morning and was asked to have to the shop between 7 - 8 AM. The October sky, with daylight time still into effect, is almost yet dark at 7 AM. I took it to the shop and then walked home.

The walk home is very pleasant. I cut down through Irvine Park, stopping to read the information sign. I found Irvine Park is named for the man who donated the land to St. Paul for the park in the mid-19th century. Over time the park deteriorated and was allowed to go into ruin. In the early 1970s it was restored with the fountain there now being a replica of the original.


The park itself is quite small, laid out in hexagon shape. It is surrounded with houses, mostly built in the late 19th century with some 20th townhouses on one side.

Above is the Forepaugh House, now operated as a restaurant. The sun was catching the top turrets as I walked by. This is one of my favorite places for brunch.

As I walked out of the park I was struck by the beauty of the sun lighting the red leaves on the trees.

Nearer to my apartment building I enjoyed the view of the fountain in the Upper Landing Park being lit by the rising sun.

The shop offered me a ride home, but I'm glad I walked. Sunrise in October is an interesting and beautiful time.

No comments: