Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Adventures with Animals

A picture was passed down to me through my father's family. It is a pastel drawing of a collie dog and cat, done by his cousin in about 1916. I didn't know quite what to do with it during the house downsizing project. My granddaughter loves animals, so I wondered if she would want it. I showed it to my daughter expecting to get a very negative reaction, but she said we needed to keep this in the family -- that was enough a surprise to make me almost fall off the couch! She asked, however, if the frame could be changed. I agree with that, for the frame was quite ugly. The nearby frame shop fixed it up with an antique, but greatly attractive frame, and also made it acid free so that my granddaughter can pass it down to her granddaugher some day. Much to my delight my granddaughter loved the picture.

No comments: