Saturday, December 27, 2008

DVD Adventures

I can't remember the last time when I didn't have to be working like crazy. I have all the websites nearly ready for the Spring semester, but discovered today, I need to fine tune them just a bit, but that can wait.

Yesterday I wandered up to the nearby library to take back a DVD after returning the case only last Tuesday. I found where the foreign language, including the Polish DVDs are hidden in this library. I brought home Noce i Dnie and have now finished it, all 4 + hours of it. I really enjoyed it. I have Vabank II waiting. (Earlier this fall I also watched Pod Niemen). I've also finished watching One, Two, Three, set in Berlin in the early 1960s. I didn't know that Jimmy Cagney could do comedy. I've only seen him in much different roles. My daughter and I watched an interesting Australian film on Christmas Day, too. It is Bush Christmas. We watched the original one made in the late 1940s. Netflix says that Nicole Kidman starred in a remake of this film, but Netflix apparently doesn't have this version.

No comments: