Sunday, December 28, 2008

Steps Towards a New Adventure

Today I went to see if there was a piece of luggage on sale that would help with my upcoming Poland trip. Hurrah! I found a very nice piece, called a tote, that will hold my laptop plus a lot of other things at the same time. I'd like to take my laptop with me this summer to use it at least with the high level students during English classes. For example, it will be interesting to acquaint them with microlending through the kiva.org web site, but also I think we could use some of the English translations on this web site for polishing up English translations. This piece of luggage is just perfect for my upcoming trip.

And I've sent an offer to teach an extra class at the Reymontowka site for village kids who come from families who can't afford the two week overnight summer camp. The kids who come to summer camp aren't from rich families; yet I know I've met kids who come from families who couldn't afford the summer camp, and I'd like to help them too. I hope this will work out.

Warning! It's six months yet until I leave. Undoubtedly there will be other preparatory activities mentioned in the blog.

No comments: