Saturday, January 8, 2011

Expensive Adventures

For some reason my computer started having fits last night. It started putting up complaints about an unrecognized USB device, then the resolution would change, and then it would go into hibernation. This mystified me for I wasn't using anything new.

I took the computer to the Geek Squad this morning. That's blessing of being in Minnesota, although now that Best Buy owns Geek Squad perhaps it is more available in other parts of the country. The diagnosis and repair on this will not be cheap. We decided too to protect what's on the hard drive by copying it to an external hard drive, so I had to pay for that too. Needed to get that going anyway.

In another ten days I'm back to the dental office to get a permanent crown. Even though I have dental insurance, I still have a big co-pay on a crown.

And I have to get two new tires for the car too. Have to think about when to make that appointment.

Oh, January will be expensive.

No comments: