Friday, January 7, 2011

Searching Adventures

In a couple of weeks I will participate in a session about being a Global Volunteer for participants at a Center for Lifelong Learning here in the Twin Cities. Today was a planning session for this. Every year at Zakopane we are presented with a fabulous powerpoint show prepared by one of the Polish teachers. I could find the CD for 2008 and 2009, but not the one for 2010. Also missing is my pink alarm clock. The pink alarm clock has traveled the world with me and I have a sentimental attachment for it. So I went on a search for both items, by searching through what has become some very messy containers of teaching materials related to my Poland volunteering.

Here's the pile that came out of the closet. But I never found the 2010 CD nor the pink alarm clock. I even went through all the pockets of suitcases I had in Europe last year -- nothing. I cannot imagine where these two things went.

I tried to modify the 2008 CD and damaged it, but the 2009 CD still works.

Oh well, the teaching materials got sorted out. I was reminded of a photo project I intended to do. There is a modified Bingo game called Community JINGO. The items are things such as city hall, power plant, and resale store. I had intended to take photos of those things to use before doing the game. So when the weather becomes more favorable I'll go out for some photo shoots. And it's only 4 months from today until I'll be in Poland for the program of teaching English in village schools.

No comments: