Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ongoing Adventures

Life is just humming along quickly, without anything special, unless we take the viewpoint that everything is special. I appreciate being reminded about this through my friend's blog: http://pacificrimphotography.blogspot.com

My university classes are buzzing along. I have two sections of the same course which are heavy front-loaded with content and learning products. Reading the papers and responding to the questions for these two sections is more than keeping me busy. Committee meetings are running full speed now too.

I got my granddaughter a Ipod Shuffle and my computer is not cooperating with that, so there's a problem to solve. Actually the Apple Store will help. We went there on Sunday. My granddaughter said I should take my computer along. She was both right and wrong. They would have helped, but we might have had to wait for two hours. I can make an appointment and go back another time without having too wait for very long.

Snow and cold continue to be challenges. We are heading into what is forecast as the coldest winter weather we will have. The always come in January when the northern latitudes have cooled about as much they can, and soon the longer days will be bring more sun and warming.

February 15 is one of my favorite days. Someone said, "Because that's when the Valentine's chocolate goes on sale?" Well that's  a good reason, but what first put it on my schedule is that's the day when it statistically becomes impossible to keep an outdoor ice rink frozen for skating.

So nothing remarkable -- yet perhaps everything is remarkable.



 

No comments: