Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting 2011

It's been more than 10 days since I wrote a blog entry entitled Done! Well a lot more things are done, too.  I've cooked a lot of food, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher countless times, helped with work parties, and helped my older daughter, who lives in a group home, to purge out clothing that needed to be either donated or thrown away. My older granddaughter stayed with me one night and surprised me with having all the Goodwill clothing laundered when I got up the next morning. She stayed up until 1:30 AM to get that done for me.

I've read a lot of books and was glad for my Kindle when I ran out of things to read when the library was closed for holidays. The work e-mail just kept coming and coming even though I'm technically off contract for two weeks.

I spent New Year's Eve babysitting my infant granddaughter while everyone else went to a party. It was a church sponsored party so I really couldn't complain about their going to it. Drove home a bit after 3 AM.  My granddaughter was fussy about the time the ball dropped in New York City and of course, there is no TV coverage of New Year's Eve from anywhere else.

I enjoyed a lot of the holiday moments but I'm ready to get back onto a regular schedule. 

Happy New Year all!

No comments: