Sunday, January 2, 2011

Getting Back to Normal

I woke up at 6:30 rather hungry. I made breakfast, unloaded the dishwasher, put the dirty dishes in and went back to bed and got up again at noon. I don't know if this is normal, but while I enjoy having family around, it's so nice to be alone again living on my own schedule.

I got so bored I decided to clean the oven. That job is nearly done, although I'm not at all impressed with the self-clean cycle of the stove. I'm really going to have to get oven cleaner to finish the job, and the oven wasn't that dirty to begin with. I did the rack scrubbing job too. First time I've done this but then remember I was gone for six months in 2010 and no one was using the oven!

I love Extreme Home Make-Over and hurrah! It's a Minnesota family tonight.  This family is terrific and I love that they gave their old home to a immigrant family. They are really Minnesotans!

For the last two days I've been noticing sunset light on the living room wall. That's a sign that the days are beginning to get longer again.

I'm beginning to think I will never be able to handle retirement for I can't even handle two weeks without work to do!

2 comments:

Shaz said...

I'd check the instruction guide for the self-cleaning oven before you try using oven cleaner! I know mine says NEVER.

Lori said...

Hi Shaz -- I did read the manual before doing this.I shortened the cleaning only by 20 minutes. It went for 3 hours. Always do this on a cold day since it makes so much heat in the living space.