Monday, February 21, 2011

Views out the Window 4

Much to my relief work got canceled today, and got canceled last evening so there was no puzzle this morning. The public schools were also off today as well as many other public offices due to President's Day Holiday. As I watched little cars try to drive the street and get stuck, I was glad I had no where to go today. I did evaluate all the assignments my students sent me electronically. One paper from a student set off my computer to great complaints. I sent a message to her and she replied saying she would run a virus scan before she sent her next major paper.

I got registered, too, for the Global Health Conference that I'll be attending in June in Washington, D.C. Spent some time exploring plane connections. A 6:30 AM flight  home never sounds good, but sounds even worse now that I know the MetroRail doesn't begin running until 7 AM. It would be a very expensive cab ride to the airport!

My other big project was baking a loaf of pumpkin bread. Over the weekend I had made some pumpkin scones so I needed to make something to use up the rest of the pumpkin. My freezer is full for many future breakfasts.

Officially Saint Paul got 13.3 inches of snow plus some more that arrived this afternoon. The snow plows got here about mid-afternoon. They were running about 6-8 hours behind a usual snow removal process.

A bit ago I looked out the window and noticed the scene below:

This time the ambulance was stopped at my building. With the snow piled on both sides of the street plus cars parked on both sides, the driving lane is down to about one lane and cars piled up behind the stopped ambulance.

I thought the design of lights on the car doors was interesting:

The ambulance left quietly so apparently it was a very small emergency.

No comments: