Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More about Trains

I saw only the second east bound Amtrak train in a week go by now -- at 4:30 in the afternoon, when it should have been traveling by a 8 AM this morning. It didn't have an Amtrak engine so obviously one of the problems is that the train equipment didn't end up in the right places after the snow storms of last week. One west bound train did go by last evening only about 30 minutes late, but it was only the second or third one in a week, when the trains are to be daily. The train traffic has been severely disrupted. I'm just beginning to notice the long freight trains again. They also disappeared for several days. We always knew that Chicago was a hub for train traffic and I'm seeing the results of the snow storm yet out my window.

1 comment:

Southern Lady said...

Hi, Lori ...

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Southern Lagniappe blog --and for your comment. I'm so glad it led me to your blog.

I look forward to reading more about your world in Minnesota, and also about your adventures in Hungary. What a wonderful opportunity for you!

Sincerely,

Janie