Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Weekly Review

Tomorrow is a busy day and I unsure I'll get out to walk and take photos along the river. So here's the weekly review a day earlier.

Here's how the observation deck along the river looked last week.
Observation Deck February 16

The snow of the weekend certainly change the view.

Observation Deck February 23

The nearby sign still is anchored in snow banks.


Easily one can see this was a bright, sunny day. There was a bit of a cold breeze, but I walked away from it and thankfully on the return trip the breeze has lessened.

Walking Path February 23
People in other parts of the country don't understand how we live here. I thought this photo a good example. Here we are 48 hours after a 13.3 inch snow storm and even the walking path is plowed. This is a not a sidewalk, it is simply a walking/exercise path!

The river, today, appeared to me to be a bit high today. It is completely open again with ice chucks flowing downstream. I went walking with shoes rather than boots so I didn't try to climb the snow banks to get along the river for photos. The forecast is for more snow over the weekend. Sooner or later this has to end!

No comments: