Saturday, February 12, 2011

Adventure out the Window

We, my older granddaughter and I, were having a quiet Saturday afternoon. She was on You Tube trying to learn a song she is to sing in church tomorrow. Suddenly five fire trucks along with the van for the fire chief turned into our complex. They all parked at the next door building and I noticed the fire fighters running from the trucks with their fire axes. This was no medical emergency, that's for sure. (If that doesn't make sense, in Saint Paul, the fire fighters are also the paramedics.) It is not uncommon for the paramedic services to arrive to the second building down the way. I'm guessing there is someone there with un-managed asthma or a similar condition, because no one is ever transported.

After all the trucks had left, I started to take my granddaughter home, so we drove by to see what there was to see. My granddaughter noticed windows broken out on the third floor unit.

This morning on Facebook I got the news that a friend in Atlanta had lost everything when a unit below her caught on fire. I observed that with the number of fire sprinklers in my unit that I would drown before ever having things lost in a fire. My small one-bedroom unit has five water sprinklers. The next door building is constructed just the same. It doesn't appear there was much fire associated with this fire event -- thankfully

No comments: