Saturday, February 19, 2011

Another "Missed" Adventure

Today I put a load of clothing into the washer and soon I hear clank, clank, clank. I was thinking it was a zipper or something like that. It wasn't until I was removing the clothing to go into the dryer that I discovered I had just laundered my car keys. I was puzzled about how I managed that. Then I remembered I made a trip to garage last evening about 11 PM to remove the last shopping bags and put the keys into the pocket of my slacks. Since it was an indoor garage, no need to wear a coat, nor did I take my purse down with me to do this errand.

I wondered if the laundering would damage the battery. I laid the keys on the counter all day. When I left to go to a movie late this afternoon I took down also my spare set of car keys. However, the quite clean set of keys operated just fine.

Oh, the movie -- I went to see The King's Speech. It is a super movie. This is the first time I've been to a movie theatre since about this time last  year when I saw Desert Flower in Poland. I had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the price for a soda -- $3.50 for a small size. That price makes gasoline look cheap!

No comments: