Monday, December 26, 2011

We're Havin' a Heat Wave

 --- a tropical heat wave? Today I decided to brave the crowds and go to IKEA to see if  I could find a floor lamp. The one in my bedroom went kaput last week, and since there isn't a ceiling light in my bedroom I do need a light of some sort. I've had my car monitoring information set to metric so I can learn the "cold" temperatures in the Celsius system. However, when I got into the car the air temperature was 10 Celsius, hardly cold. I thought it was because my car is parked in an underground garage, but the temperature stayed there -- it really was 10 Celsius or 50 degrees Fahrenheit here today. This evening I learned I learned this temperature broke a record set in 1936 so it is the the warmest December 26 I've ever seen -- and the odds are the warmest I will ever see. Life certainly is easier when one is not battling snow and ice.

No comments: