Sunday, June 17, 2012

Adventure in Cultural Fusion

Just before leaving for Romania I gave a lecture about global health development to a group of Normandale Community College students who were leaving in a week or so for Belize. The only pay I received for this was a parking permit for visitor parking, but I was glad to do it.  Much to my surprise I got an e-mail from the course instructor saying they were back and she had a gift for me. I gave her my daughter's address for I expected I would be out of the country by the time this arrived. However, yesterday my daughter received the package and this morning we met on the street by churches we attend to exchange packages.

I found a picture frame and then knew it would be perfect for a gift I was given in Romania.


Here's what I put together -- flowers made by a talented school child in Romania with a frame from Belize.

No comments: