Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Playing Tourist 3

Today I had to go to work in the morning so my friend went to the Titanic exhibit at the Science Museum. I finished my last task as department chair, and I'm oh, so glad to be done with that job.

On my way home from work I stopped at a storage center and picked up a box that will hold a large painting and large mirror. I also got a box for packing dishes and came home and started to do that. The other objects will be a two person job. I need some help, but I'm glad to have solved this problem.

I went back to the hotel and picked up my friend at 1:30. We went on a tour of the Alexander Ramsey house. In one of the rooms the guide was speaking about how it is possible to get copies made of the very old wall papers. We were all admiring a small area in which a reproduction, but exact copy of the original copy of the wallpaper was placed. My friend noticed that the reproduction had been hung upside down!

Then I drove him to the old Schmidt brewery where he did some photos. I took him to an ATM, and then we went to my office for a bit so I could show up the photography in my office -- mine and three pieces that were done by my friend, Bruce Behnke (see www.pacificrimphoto.com). It began to really rain while we were walking around to various places in the university.

Our next destination was the W. A. Frost restaurant. We were too early for our dinner reservation so we enjoyed some time in the bar. Then we had a splendid dinner. I had grilled salmon over shrimp risotto. This isn't what I usually cook!

No comments: