Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cooking Adventure -- Apple Crumble

When I was in Romania in May, the hotel where I stayed was across the street from a Lidl grocery store. I was quite surprised by the amount of English labeling on food products as well as the that many products came from the states.


However, I found this:

but this was made in Germany!

I just had to get one and carry it home, and finally made it today. Last week while walking in Stillwater (see blog below), I stopped at an apple farm and got some fresh new Minnesota apples.

Here's how it looked when it was going into the oven.

And when ready to eat.

It tastes quite good, but I like the Midwest way of making this better. The traditional topping here has oatmeal and comes out crispy -- which is why we call it Apple Crisp rather than Apple Crumble.

No comments: