Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Reymontowka Language Camp

Add 58 children, some counselors, staff, and we volunteers and this is where I've been for nearly the past month.


Oh, add some heat, too! This has been a very hot summer in Poland. And the woman in the video is not me!

Today I had my students first write about a city or country they would like to visit and then design a tourist poster for that place. One of my students did this for Warsaw:

 I hope this drawing the video above found on You Tube put to rest the stereotype of Poland as gray and dark place. The natural world is very beautiful, the people are wonderful, and you all should come visit or better yet volunteer at language camp. See www.globalvolunteers.org for more information about being a language camp volunteer.





No comments: