Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Cold, Rainy Night on the River

The "tropical system" as the weather people call it has been providing rain every day, and today the temperature is quite cool, too. As I write the temperature is around 50 degrees (10C) and supposed to drop to the 40s in the morning.

For the past few days there have been quite a few barges moored outside.

I found some brave spring wild flowers. Most of the plantings around here are native plants which bring color in the mid and late summer.

Here's a view of the river on this evening.

The lights in the distance are street lights along Shepard Road as it curves along towards the Lower Landing.

The weather forecast is for rain until next Wednesday. I'm so very glad for many reasons to be going to Jamaica in the morning.

Funny thing -- Jamaica is on Eastern Standard Time, so since I'm living on Central Daylight Time, I'm not even making a time change. Been a long time since I've done a trip like that!

No comments: