Friday, December 27, 2013

A Walk Around the Block

After a day of shopping for storage items and other things to decorate my new apartment, my daughter and I decided to take a walk around the block to see what's happening in the front of the building (I live on the "backside" along 11th Street while the main entrance and official street address is on 10th Street).

I thought I had glimpsed that light sculpture in front is done. Below is a video of it. The snow looks a funny color because of the effect of the street lights about. Maybe someday I will know more about the why and how of this; right now I'll just enjoy it. Sorry that this has annoying noise. Perhaps traffic going by.


 The other view we enjoyed in our short walk is of the Capitol dome.

More exploration to do on another day. Right now the Capitol will not be big on my list because it is under major renovation.

No comments: