Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring has sprung!

Today I worked on a course for the doctoral nursing classes that  will I teach in April. The sun made the room warm, so warm that I opened the terrace door for the first time! I have been hearing birds too.

I went out this morning to change dollars for Euros to use when I'm in Germany. I was surprised at the changes since yesterday.

This sidewalk cafe has popped up!

This afternoon I just had to get out to the sun!

Every since I have been here, this building had a fence around it and the news that things were falling off the building. Something is happening now!

I went to get wine to take to dinner tomorrow night and then checked out the Ter. Progress there too. Today I watched the street being built. This is an art. Finding the right size and shaped stone and then putting it in place and then finding the next one. And if it is not the right stone, hit it and change the size and shape.


Notice the string to keep thing straight.

I fiound a poster about the election coming up in April. Sorry the picture is bad, but this is only sign like this I have seen.


I found the door open to the marzipan shop and got this picture. The shop is so small one can't take the picture inside.

 It looks like a cake but it is really marzipan candy.

What a difference a week makes. Last Thursday this square was covered with snow when the Metropolitan State students were here. Look at it today.



Hey Minnesotans! Can you believe this is the same street you started down to the train station?

I finished off the right.

This is lemon seft -- lemon ice cream with Hungarian champagne!

1 comment:

Jeanne E. Grant said...

You're right; I barely recognize Pécs. Metropolitan State's spring break is too early! We had a great time there and when we came back to the Twin Cities, all the snow had already melted. Apparently we were traveling at just the moment of the seasons changing. Thank you for all you did for us!