Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Making Plans

I started out the day stopping by the American Corner. We have spoken in the past about making some presentations at high schools, but much to my surprise, the topic will something about blogging. Hey! I must be an unusual Grandmother if I'm talking to high school students about that. In our conversation, I suggested talking, too, about a special kind of blogging when one uses Caring Bridge.

I went on to give a lecture to a group of nursing students. After the lecture I walked to Pecs Shuttle to see if we can swing by Kaposvar and pick up Fulbright professors there as part of our trip to Berlin. I was delighted that the woman there remembered me, that I had a reservation already, and that it made sense to her.

Then I walked back to the Cella Septichora to advise them that I will be bringing a group of American students there on Thursday. From there I went to the Tourist Information office and got maps for the American group. I found a hamburger for lunch and then went to the Elefant Haz and made reservations for dinner for the group.

Then I got brave and walked into a hair salon and made a reservation for tomorrow afternoon. The women there seem to know what they are doing. Oh well, hair can grow and one can always change the color! Watch for news tomorrow to see how this all worked out.

In some ways, I am utterly amazed at how easy this all was.

No comments: