Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Signs of Spring

Spring seems to have arrived to Pecs, or at least the people are trying! The only snow left is those from deep piles where it was shoveled to clear walks and the piles are higher than usual and in the shade besides. Yesterday after classes I headed off to find some lunch and found women hard at work giving some new life to the tulip beds along the street.

Later in the day I walked into a courtyard and found the above. The last time I walked into this courtyard the straw area behind in the upper left held a Nativity scene!

I came home to do a English tutor session for a high school student who lives in one of the upper flats in my building. She surprised me with a gift. Her English is elementary. She could tell me she did not paint the egg, but she didn't have the vocabulary to tell me where it had come from. What a great treat it is to have this. I'll carry it home very carefully so I can have memories for years to come.

Today I went for my Hungarian lesson and then walked to the Arkade to get lunch. As I started walking down the hallway to the Food Court area, I could see from a distance that things had changed.

Here's what I found. This was amazing, but then I looked over the railing to another surprise. If anyone has children wondering where the Easter Bunny is, the answer is that all the bunnies are presently living in Pecs!




Behind this bunny one can see a pen with chicken wire fence. These areas on both ends of the displays have little shelters in them as well as straw all over the floor. I have a feeling that when I come back to Pecs after my upcoming trip that I may find either little ducks or chickens here.

It is so good to see the spring flowers!

No comments: