Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Zsolany Day

Recently I wrote about an art exhibit from the four-generation Zsolany family. On my way to work I walk past a monument to one of the members. At the Arkade there is also a temporary exhibit of porcelein from the present Zsolany factory.


Above are some photos that show the variety and beauty of the work.

Zsolany is also famous for producing porcelein that looks like metal. It is called eosin. The new eosin has a bit of different color than the old eosin, as made before WWII. I like the old better.

There is also a faux park as part of the exhibit to show the outdoor work of Zsolany.

Before going to the Arkade I stopped for lunch at the Crystal. On the placard outside I could read the Hungarian words for potatoes and chicken, but I wasn't sure what it would turn out to be. Looking at this might make you think I dropped into the United States for lunch. The salad may be the give-away. It is celeric and this vegetable is not seen very often in the States.

Off to Budapest tomorrow. It will be a few days before I will catch up with the blog. It will be some very interesting days. Hope the snow has melted there.

No comments: