Monday, February 22, 2010

A Day to Remember, but no Photos

Off to the office a little early, because I thought a translator was coming to meet me. That didn't happen, so I started working on follow-up materials from the lecture I did last Friday. However, when I started to print out a journal article, it came out printed in yellow and hardly legible. Then the teacher I usually work with on Monday came to me and said she had to be away for an appointment and would I take the class by myself? No problem.

Then the Tuesday teacher came and asked if I would come next Monday extra early to work with another class. No problem.

When the classes were done, I tried to organize a bit more for future classes. I heard my phone making a funny noise and realized I'd missed some calls. When I tried to return one, I got a message that had 15 seconds left on my phone card! Well, that took care of the phone for today.

Then at 13:15 I took off walked to the Immigration Office. I got there at 13:35, faster than I anticipated and wondered what to do. Well, soon it became apparent. Stand in line. About 13:50 a man came and opened the gate and we were allowed into the building where we took a number based upon the language we wished to speak.

At 14:00 the clerks appeared. I had the second English spot so didn't have to wait too long. By 14:20 I was ready to walk out of there. I have a temporary permit to carry in my passport and in 2-3 weeks I got back to the permanent permit. This is a relieft. Now when I go to Budapest next week, I'm going to ask for help getting rid the April 1 airline reservation that Delta made to get so I would not be overstaying 90 days.

From Csende I walked over to the Faculty of Medicine location, about a 10-12 minute walk, and caught the #2 bus back into the main area of Pecs. Then I walked up to Szechenyi Ter and grabbed a snack. About 15:45 I went to the Vorosmarty Building and got ready to give a late afternoon lecture. Wires got crossed. I had been told the class went to 17:50, the students told it went to 17:15. Oh, well,  no problem.

I also learned today that the two doctoral classes got enough registrations to fill. So I'll have more than enough to do.

Have to get organized for tomorrow's English for Special Purpose class. I had this all organized -- now where did I put it?

No comments: