Friday, February 5, 2010

No adventure!

I'm back to Pecs after the orientation. I got onto the return train from Budapest to Pecs without any difficulty, except for being very cold while waiting for the train. Budapest was cold and snowy, maybe colder than I anticipated. There wasn't any heat in the train station nor obviously out on the platform. The train ride was all in the dark, so I couldn't see where the snow ended. The ground is bare in Pecs!!! I will begin writing tomorrow sometime about my weeklong adventure in Budapest. It was a marvelous experience. All the people that I have met were very nice and interesting. I saw more of Budapest than I anticipated after seeing the busy agenda we had for the orientation and the full day we had today for the cultural First Friday meeting. It will take me a bit to get it all digested and pictures ready. Very glad that getting "home" was not an adventure!

2 comments:

Dani said...

Pécs is the hottest city in Hungary, because the mediterranean coast is not so far, the city receives warm air. Pécs has almost mediterran climate that's why there isn't so much snow there.
Budapest also gets mediterranean effects, but only in summer. The heat is unbearable, it's like you are walking in fire.

I wish you unadventurous train rides and an adventurous life in Hungary.

Daniel (a hungarian reader)

Lori said...

Thank you for your pleasant comments.