Friday, February 26, 2010

Having Trouble with Technology Ended Well

This morning I couldn't make the Internet work in my flat. Oh well! I walked to the end of Kiraly and met Thomas and Carol. Then we walked to the MAV ticket office and got our tickets for the train ride to Budapest for next Thursday.

From there I went to my office to use the computer. All of sudden both my mobile phone and desk phone were ringing. I learned that I needed to move to another office. Good thing I had gone to the office. I gathered up my personal belongings from the office and then went up one more floor to see my new place. It also is very nice.

I walked back to the Crystal Cafe and read the menu. Here menu doesn't mean a list of foods, it is what is being served that day. I read something about bean gulyas and something else I couldn't recognize by the name. Everything at this cafe is good. so I went in. This cafe has nice tablecloths and tableware, but it's the working people's cafe. People run here fast for lunch. I also see people coming in with round containers rather like the bento boxes in Hawaii. They pick up soup for several people and apparently take it back to the office or other work places. When one is finished, you simply get up from the table and walk over to the cash register and pay the equivalent of about $3.75.

Here's a photo of the dessert I couldn't identify. It made me think a bit of bread pudding. The bread was warm and moist, and as you can see there are plenty of poppy seeds. And oh what the Hungarians can do with cream! I'd surely eat this again.

When I got back to the flat I decided to try some trouble shooting. I moved the table with the computer closer to the wall that adjoins the owners' flat where the modem is. That cured the problem. There must be something in the wall that makes the signal transmission a bit touchy. Glad this is fixed. It really helps to have the Internet to keep in touch with everyone both in Pecs and in the States.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lorene, the dessert is makos guba, a Hungarian tradition. You will see it often.