Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A funny thing happened on the way to the shopping center

This is not a funny thing really! My granddaughter had a 12:00 appointment at a nail shop at the West End Center. When we got there the shopping center was locked up and the guard at the door told it the shopping center had received a bomb threat. My granddaughter was disappointed but understood. We went to the nearby McDonald's which many people call the most beautiful McDonald's in the world. It is really beautiful. We ordered food and when we got to the table I realized by sandwich was not on the tray. I went to the line and waited until until I got to the front. The attendant was waiting for me and handed me the sandwich. I went back and said we were having the day when nothing goes OK.

After eating we walked back towards the shopping center and found it still locked. So I suggested we take the 4/6 tram to the Mammut again.

This time I got a photo of the interior.
 The information desk told us there was a nail shop and after walking around and asking questions for about 15 minutes we finally found it. They gave us an appointment for 15:00. That gave us two hours to do something else. After buying some more clothing I said I needed two things: a cold drink and then a book store.

Here's my granddaughter in the bookstore:


She took a lot of time picking out a book.

Back to the nail ship and it took nearly two hours -- so I was glad I stopped at the bookstore first. This was a rather posh salon so I could also entertain myself looking at what else was going on. There was also a computer to use, but it had a Hungarian keyboard. It took us a awhile to figure out to the @ sign off the V key so one could sign in at some the sites.

After the nail appointment we went to a Subway at my granddaughter's request. She said she liked Hungarian food better than Polish food and I pointed out she really hadn't eaten much Hungarian food, as she seems to be subsisting on french fries and white chocolate bars!

The weather has been better now than on Sunday when a temperature record was set. If I could be running around in the evening, it would be great. I may come back again next year alone and enjoy the city again.

No comments: