Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4

I've not been posting much lately because I have to compete for the computer with my granddaughter who seems to spend every moment either on Facebook or finding "more music" for her Nano.

Traditionally we do a program at language camp about the United States on July 4, and tradition continued again. This group of volunteers includes some who are very intense and perfectionist!  I don't think the planning for this ceased until the program was over! Having done this now 14 times leaves me without much anxiety!

Here are some of us singing. I'm on the right and my granddaughter is next to me in the red pants. She wasn't entirely thrilled with singing the old songs that the volunteer on the left had picked out!

We ended the program with a birthday cake for the United States.

This video is quite short. And for non-Polish readers, the sparkler on the cake is not exactly for July 4. That is the way a birthday cake is always done in Poland -- at least all the birthday cakes that I've seen.

No comments: