Friday, July 22, 2011

Polish Night

At every language camp in which I've participated the campers present a Polish Night experience for the volunteers. This camp is not an exception. The children practiced very much to present a wonderful Polish Night experience. And this whole program is done for just we volunteers. The program began with the Polonaise.

Another part of the presentation featured one of the talented singers.

I always enjoy very much hearing Kocham Sie Polsko.  I've been around Poland enough both in travel and in experience to enjoy the lyrics to this song and I also like the spirit of the song.Regretfully, I didn't get very good audio of the song. But you can see the enthusiasm of the children in the video below.
 The video below is a complete change. It's the kids dancing YMCA after they were done with their Polish night presentation.



After the program we were invited to a party with all the Polish staff. This featured very special Polish dishes and of course, vodka. One of the counselors taught me the good trick of drinking vodka with apple juice. That makes all the difference!

Here is a photo of the wonderful food for the reception. 
Here is a photo taken by one of the Polish members of our group here. I found this photo on my Facebook page this morning.

It's me on the left,  next is Anna -- one of the counselors for the campers, and then on the right is Ula -- Camp Director. I've worked with both of these before and it's always great fun to see them again.

No comments: