Thursday, January 3, 2013

Disney Adventure 1


The New Year finds me in Orlando at Disney World. It has been 3 years since I've been here. I'm staying at the Saratogo Springs Resort. This resort is designed as if an upstate New York hotel at the turn of the 20th century. The major theme is horses.

Shortly after checking in I found my way to the boat landing and took the boat to Downtown Disney. It was now 4:30 pm and after a day of travel I was interested in finding something to eat.

The views were interesting at this time.

The theater for Cirque de Soleil stood out against the winter sky.

The shops and restaurants were glowing.



I ended up at the House of Blues for an appetizer size meal sounded perfect. The pulled pork slider sandwiches have delicious cole slaw on the top. Yum! Perfect size. And the cucumbers made me think of Poland for some reason. But they had a bite of cayenne pepper, not usually associated with Central European food!

The lights in the restaurant made photography just a bit challenging, but oh my! the food is good.

My next goal was to check out some of the resorts along the monorail to see if any holiday decorations were still in place. I tried to find the bus stop on the West Side, but no luck. Ended up way over in the Marketplace where I knew I could find the bus stop. Glad I had the extra walk. Otherwise I would have missed this unusual music.

The long horn like instrument appeared to have been made out of plant material of some kind. I've never seen anything quite like it before.

Well, after riding buses and the monorail around to the Contemporary, the Polynesian, and Grand Floridian resorts I can say Christmas has disappeared in the resorts. However I was able to catch some music from the jazz band at the Grand Floridian.

Got lost after getting back to the resort. It is always so hard to find one's way around the first day or so in a new resort, particularly when it's dark. Oh, well, walking around in wrong places is still exercise!

No comments: