Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Saint Patrick's Day Adventures

Today I took the bus downtown to file for a lot split. I thought that was a better plan than trying to find a place to park, which might be expensive, and also might be hard to do on St. Patrick's Day. This is a big holiday in Saint Paul, for this city is only one of a very few during the times of European immigration that people from Ireland were treated fairly and equitably.

The people who first owned this property built part of the driveway on the lot I'm planning to sell. I learned now I had to create an easement for this use. The gentleman who helped me gave me a name of someone else to speak with who may be able to give me a form to fill out or can give me an example of what needs to be done.

Outdoors again, the street vendors were already setting up with many, many green trickets and souveniers. But I had to go to work for awhile.

With tasks done I started home at 2 PM. The downtown area was now filled with celebrating people. Tonight beginning at 6 PM the buses start giving free rides in an effort to help keep people who have been drinking off the roads.

On my final walk home from the bus I went by a neighborhood bar. I was stopped by a woman who was deaf who was collecting for some cause. And from the other direction I was stopped by a group of musicians who were warming up with their Irish bagpipes.

So that's just one day's activity in Saint Paul.

No comments: