Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Things That Have Surprised Me

In only a couple of days I have been surprised at what I see. I spotted the toilets above in a store. I've never seen anything quite like it. I showed this photo to the Romanian country managers and they weren't surprised -- this is how toilets are done here!

 I knew I had traveled a bit south, but palm trees still surprised me.

I went to the grocery store across the street, a store operated by a German company, and was surprised to see the fish came from Alaska.

I was also surprised to see the frozen vegetables all with English signs. I've never seen this before in other countries in Central Europe.

And I noticed a large, attractive building from the balcony of my room.

In response to my inquiry about it, I was told is belongs to "the king of the gypsies." There are many Roma/gypsy people in Barlad.

So life stays interesting!

No comments: