Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday and Muffin Adventures

Boy! It was Monday. The children were moving slowly. I'm starting on a muffin adventure. I found a CD called Jazz Songs for Children. It included the song: Do you know the muffin man? I thought this would be easy to learn, but then -- there aren't muffins in Poland, so would the children know what the song is about? So today I started teaching the song using the CD. The song is sung by Ella Fitzgerald and the kids really liked it. Keep tuned for what will be happening with muffins this week.

In the afternoon I spent some time fine-tuning the class for tomorrow. We made a short trip to Kotun for necessary items such as krowki, the Polish candy that I love.

This evening was the lip-synch contest. Oh, what fun. The evening ended with a short concert by a boy who was a camper at one of the sessions I taught last year. He truly is a talented musician, singer, and dancer. I hear that he is going to be a TV production. It was such a treat to see him again. The evening is cool enough that we are wrapped up in our sweaters or jackets, although the day was quite warm. Travel planned tomorrow to one of my favorite Polish destinations.

No comments: