Sunday, January 24, 2010

All Packed for an Adventure


I'm all packed for my adventure. Well, not quite. The computer has to yet be put into a bag, but that will be easy. A few minutes ago I remembered there were no socks in any bag. It will be interesting to see what I've forgotten when I get to the other end.

It was challenging to pack for a season change from winter to summer, to have clothes for every activity including going to the Opera in Budapest next week to going to Poland for language camp at the end of June.

I've tucked in one set of English learning cards for my little neighbor as well as a Valentine card. Not knowing her age made it a bit challenging to know what to take.  I think I did quite well to get everything into this quantity of bags. I've weighed them and find the big bags come in around 40 pounds so they are legal. Delta/Northwest is raising baggage fees again. When I booked my ticket I could take two bags on an international flight. Retroactively the airline changed the pricing scheme so it is costing me an extra $50.00 for this trip. I think the airlines are again becoming a monopoly and it is becoming time again to have regulation of this industry.

No comments: