Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mundane Adventures

The title says sometimes the adventures are mundane. That's today. I called at 12:30 to see if I could still get an appointment for flu shots before I left. The news was that a 2 PM appointment was available. So I buzzed across the river to the clinic. It seems amazing that I'm a professional nurse with a PhD and that I get a caregiver who is an LPN. I think that is one reason I avoid health care as much as possible. It seems demeaning to have a caregiver with less skills than I have for myself!

I did make my reservation for a shuttle ride to the airport on Monday. So nice, the van meets me at the central elevator in the underground garage. The forecast is that Monday will have messy snow, so this arrangment makes it a very special treat and leave-taking.

Earlier I wrote about getting a 2nd bank card to have on hand in case an ATM eats a card. Today I decided to use it for an online item. It wasn't in my wallet. What was the good place I put it? Well, after about 30 minutes of searching I found it. It got put away odd because I walked away from one window in the credit union to another to get a form notarized. I'm certain this won't be the only time I panic in the next few days!

No comments: