Saturday, January 2, 2010

On the Second Day of the Year

I drove my daughter over to one of her friend's home where she had left her car on New Year's Eve. She stopped first at a gas station and bought coffee so she pour it over the lock and get the door open! She arrived at my apartment a few minutes after I got home and we gave the closet below a good work-out with 5 loads of laundry from her place. Some is still drying as I write and I'll return it when I drive over to that neighborhood tomorrow for church.

While she was here, she searched the web and found a job opening -- in fact 8 openings for the same job. Hope something happens for her. She also signed up for a statistics class that must be completed before she can apply to enter a master's program. Later I ordered the textbook and graphing calculator necessary for this class. Raising kids is expensive even when the child is 30 years old and a parent of three kids herself!

I just finished watching You've Got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. Now I'm starting Ms. Congeniality. More fun on TV tonight than the recent couple of holiday nights.

I should be finishing a power point for a lecture I have to give on January 13. Wondering now why I volunteered to do that when I'm on sabbatical!

No comments: