Sunday, January 3, 2010

My View of the World



Here is my view of the world from my new apartment. This shows trains moving in both directions. I enjoy kinetic sculpture and just put the trains into that category. Recently I have been observing how a coating of snow on tank cars changes the perspective and makes them all look hump-backed. It is also interesting to observe what goes by on Shepard Road or on the road below. One day I saw a snow plow truck. There must have been sand or salt in the truck back, but what mystified me is how the snow suddenly made a criss-cross pattern in the truck cargo area.

This morning the temperature was about -11 so the view included ice on the window, too.

The Internet gives us a view of the world, too. I was delighted today to see on Facebook that my very first English student in Poland has become a father. The picture looks like a healthy boy and the new father reports the baby's APGAR scores were great. Who knew Poland also used APGAR?!?

No comments: