Sunday, April 11, 2010

Quiet Sunday

The day started out sunny, but cool. I again woke early and headed off to the Arkade for grocery shopping. I got there at 9:00 and that's when I learned most things didn't open until 10:00. I did my shopping and then waited around for my favorite Gelatia to open so I could get something to eat. On the way back I looked at the construction on Szechenyi Ter -- work in operation even on Sunday.

This picture may not be too stunning to the rest of you. I took it this afternoon when I wandered back to see the progress. When I was there about 11:00, block layers were hard at work measuring and cutting rectangle shaped stones to fit the curved edge of the fountain. They had made considerable progress by 3:30 PM today. Accomdating to both the shape and the slope is quite an art. I suppose anyone who does construction in Pecs is used to the slope for the city definitely has a north to south slope everywhere.

I went over Jokai Ter because I could hear music. A group was just finishing a set for the Fringe Festival. It was cold, cold. Too bad that this day wasn't better for being outdoors for events like this. Then it began to rain, which wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I put some laundry out on the terrace to dry!

Otherwise I spent most of this day trying to prepare a course for the end of the month.

No comments: