Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Free Saturday

Since I didn't have to teach a course today, I had a free Saturday that I didn't expect. I enjoyed just relaxing most of the morning.

After lunch time I went to the Dom Museum. This museum has a permanent exhibit of statuary and other rock work found during excavation and renovations of the Cathedral area. 

Here are some of my favorite things from the permanent exhibit.

 The following piece comes from a reconstructed tomb. It obviously is an Adam and Eve presentation.



I went to the Dom Museum too for a temporary exhibit of mosaics from Ravenna. They are truly beautiful, and I'm so very lucky to be in the right place to see this exhibit.

Here are some beautiful examples.





After my visit I walked through the Cathedral area and down the hill to the St. Istvan Ter. I had not been there since it was snow covered. The view today is certainly different.


I'm so lucky to be in such a beautiful place. Now I'm off to study Hungarian a bit more. I took photos of several signs today and now I'll try to translate them. 

No comments: