Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Better Tuesday

The sun was shining this morning and the day just had a whole different feel. I think spring is here to stay and summer may make some appearances soon as well. Even the students commented on the different "feel" of the day.

Walking to my office building takes me through Jokai Ter. I took the above photo for I thought that blooming trees are a fleeting moment of spring and wouldn't be there much longer. I taught the English class along today. I feel so at home here that I think going back to Minnesota will indeed be a shock.

I did a bit of grocery shopping and then headed back to my flat. I noticed this menu at a nearby restaurant. Bear garlic grows up in the Mecsek Hills. I've not seen it, just heard the description. It is a broad green plant that appears as almost the first green thing of spring. It is called Bear's garlic because in Hungary the bear comes out in the spring. If it finds something to eat, it stays out and spring is coming. If it doesn't find anything, it goes back to the den and this is a sign of more winter -- just another GroundHog day, but with a whole different kind of animal.

I started to work on the course I teach this week. At 3 PM Thomas came by and we went around the corner to a coffee shop and planned our trip to Szeged next week. Then back to the flat to keep working on the course.

At about 7:30 I wandered out to get an ice cream cone. It is so fun to be able to walk 5 minutes and have so many fun options.

The Town Hall looked lovely in the early evening light.

No comments: