Friday, April 30, 2010

Dance Festival

Last evening after a rest and some soup, I walked to Szechenyi Ter to see the chain dance. I got there for the last minutes. The chain dance is for anyone.

Then everyone went to Jokai Ter for the Gala. I got there no late to get a chair, just like about 400 other persons!  To my surprise each group had their own musicians.

Here are the Bulgaria musicians.

And here are the women dancers in their beautiful aprons.

Next came dancers from another town in Hungary.

They were followed by dancers from Finland. Here are the men.

And here's what happened later. I've never seen a dance like this before.

The audience loved the children from Pecs.

After this the dancers didn't match the written program and I could not understand the oral announcements.

So here are more dancers from somewhere!

The final visiting group came from Turkey. Beautiful!

The program took 2 hours. Jokai Ter has some blocks that are stony. My left foot was on one of those. This morning my left feet felt very bad! It was worth it though. These dancers groups were wonderful.

No comments: