Thursday, April 15, 2010

Getting Things Done

I have spent most of the day working on the second course for doctoral nursing students. It is not all done, but at least now I know where everything is headed and what I still need to do.

In the early evening I took a walk to see what was happening on Szechenyi Ter. On the way I found a restaurant getting new chairs for the sidewalk cafe. Obviously chair deliveries have to happen, but this is the first time I've ever seen it.

At the ter I saw temporary fencing being loaded on a trucks. I walked in that direction and my jaw dropped.

Ever since I've lived here this area has been fenced off and an area of construction. We would have to pick our way carefully through whatever the construction happened to be that day.  To stand in this space and see it open both ahead and behind is amazing. I saw what I think are natives of Pecs just smiling. I know they are more than ready for this construction job to be done.


Work is not all done, but there is a great deal of cleaning up being done. I'm getting excited to see this project all done, simply to see what it all turns out to be.



No comments: