Friday, April 2, 2010

Quiet Day in Pecs

I'm dragging a bit after travel and perhaps the adjustment to Daylight Time. Why is that more difficult than the 7 hour jump between the midwest US and Europe? It truly bothers me more.

I didn't know if the stores would be on alternate holiday hours so decided to get out early today to replace the coat. Had great success finding one that I really like. After shopping I stopped for a palacsinta. It tastes as good as it looks. (Wonder when I will again have nalesnki on Tuesday and palacsinta on Friday.)

I was also curious to find out what had been added to the Easter display at the Arkade. I saw it the first day and saw only empty straw pens. Chicks, ducklings? What?

Oh rabbits. Of course. The little children were thrilled with them.

Wandered back home and took a short nap. Went out again just for walk about 6 PM. It surely doesn't seem like this is a Good Friday -- little sign of religion, even the nearby church was closed. But the steeples looked resplendent in the late afternoon sun. The rest of today was cloudy and quite cool. No business in any sidewalk cafe today.

No comments: