Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Surprises

Yesterday I was boiling potatoes and decided they needed another 10 minutes. When I went back to the stove, they were burned to a crisp and there was not going to be a possibility of scrubbing the pan clean. Thus, this morning I headed off to the Arkade to buy a saucepan to replace what I had spoiled. This turned out to be about a $25.00 mistake. The pan is Italian! Maybe that's why.

The Arkade rotunda again had an interesting activity going on. This time it is about using thrown away objects for new purposes. Here are photos of young people putting together pictures made from bottle caps. All the designs are meaningful to Pecs.




Returning to Szechenyi Ter I watched workers put together benches around the new trees.



When I went back about 6 PM, look what I found.



Yes, indeed, people sitting on those same benches. I took a turn trying them out as well.

Below is what Szechenyi Ter looks like now with most of the work done and the fences taken away.



More pictures later this week as more work is finished.




No comments: